This is my version of chicken alfredo. I make it a lot for my roommates and my Italian-food-loving boyfriend. It's fast, easy, and we usually already have the ingredients.
You will need: 1 lb chicken breasts, 1/2 medium onion, 8 oz of good parmesan cheese (no sawdust!), 1 lb pasta (I used 2 because I feed a crowd), 2 Tbsp flour, 4 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 cup of white wine, 1 cup of heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste
First get your super helpful roommate with the psychedelic nails to grate the parmesan.
Now dice up half of the onion.
Add the olive oil...
And the butter to a large pan over medium heat.
Now would also be a good time to get the water started for your pasta.
Add the onions...
And the garlic to the pan...
And give it a stir.
Now slice the chicken into thin strips.
Once everything in the pan is starting to look golden...
Throw in the chicken.
Salt and pepper the chicken...
And toss it around.
Once the chicken has cooked, remove it to a plate.
Now add 2 more Tbsp of butter to the pan.
With 2 Tbsp of flour.
Stir for 2 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste. Gross.
Next pour in the 1 cup of wine! Stir it up. It will get to a kinda weird consistency.
See? Looks pretty gross. You know what will fix that? Adding the cup of heavy cream.
A cup of heavy cream fixes everything.
Stir it up and it will start to look like a sauce.
Now's the time to add all of the cheese. It may seem like a lot. And it is. But it makes it so tasty that you just have to do it. Stir it up. If the sauce gets too thick, add more wine.
Adding more wine also fixes everything.
Now drain off your noodles and stick them back in the large pot you cooked them in.
See those funny green guys? They're spinach pasta I got from the Dekalb Farmer's Market. If you live in the Atlanta area you have probably heard of it. It's AWESOME. This is fresh pasta I got that they make there. It was awesome and has such a unique shape!
Now toss in the chicken with the juice that has collected on the plate. Meat juice=flavor.
Pour all the sauce over the top.
You are getting very, very hungry.
Next toss it all together.
Serve it up with a chunk of crusty bread and some spinach salad. Super tasty guys.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz of good parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and 2 Tbsp of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken to the pan and toss until cooked. Remove the chicken to a separate plate.
- Next add in the flour and remaining butter and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, pour in the wine. Pour in the heavy cream and stir. Add in the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, chicken, and sauce together and toss until all of the noodles are coated. Enjoy!