I apologize for how dark these photos are... Fried rice is always a last minute decision and the sun was already down when I started to make dinner.
You will need: any leftover meat or vegetables you have in your fridge (I had some prime rib, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and onion), 2 eggs, 4 cups of cooked rice, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 2 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 cup of frozen peas, green onions for garnish, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Start preparing rice according to package directions.
In the mean time, begin chopping your vegetables. Chop up some carrots...
And some prime rib.
Just so you know, normally I would not mix prime rib in with other ingredients but this poor thing had been reheated to medium-well and that is prime rib sin. So I had no choice but to put it out of its misery.
Add 2 Tbsp of butter to a LARGE skillet.
Add all of your chopped vegetables...
And some garlic. Stir it around and cook it for a few minutes.
Now add in the meat!
Any leftover meat you have works here.
Stir it around and let it heat through.
Once the rice has finished cooking, add it in the skillet and stir it around a bit.
Pour in the 1/2 cup of soy sauce and stir it around some more. You want to press the rice down into the pan and leave it for a few minutes so you get some crispy bits going. Those are my favorite part.
While the rice is crisping up, crack two eggs into a bowl...
And scramble them with a fork.
Pour 1 cup of frozen peas int the rice. Stir it around.
Now make a well in the center of the rice.
Pour the eggs into the well...
The rice will get a little mixed in with the eggs which is fine.
Especially since we're going to mix the eggs up with everything else now.
Enjoy! If you cook for a vegetable hater, this is a good way to trick them into eating some.
- Any leftover meat or vegetables you have in your fridge, chopped
- 2 eggs, scrambled together, but not cooked
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Green onions, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in the leftover meat and veggies. Stir until cooked/heated through.
- Add in the cooked rice and soy sauce. stir everything together then press the rice down into the bottom of the pan and leave it alone for a few minutes. Repeat the stir and press process until the rice has as many crispy areas as you would like.
- Make a well in the center of your rice. Pour your eggs in the well and scramble until done. Mix into the rest of the rice along with the peas.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.