Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Muscatralli


This is an easy week night supper that's a sure-fire hit with both kids and super hungry boyfriends.

This recipe comes from my Grandma. She was a home ec teacher and a phenomenal cook. She passed her cooking skills on to my mother and my mother passed them on to me.


She used to make this dish a lot. It's always a big hit with everyone.

I know. I really was an adorable child.

Let's get cooking!


You will need: 1.5 lb. ground beef (not pictured because it was defrosting in the microwave. I'm a planner.), 1 clove garlic, 1 cup onion, 1 lb small shell macaroni, 1 can sliced mushrooms, 1 can tomato puree (I had V8 in the fridge so I used that instead), 1 lb Velveeta cheese, and 1 can beef broth (optional)


First mince up the garlic. I used more than one clove. I'm a garlic lover.

I'm also incapable of following a recipe exactly.


Chop up the onion.


Throw the onion, ground beef, and garlic into a large saute pan over medium heat.

At this point, you should get a pot of water boiling and throw in the pasta.


Break up the ground beef and cook through.


Once the beef is all cooked, throw in the mushrooms.


And pour in the tomato puree.


Stir it all up. While the mixture is cooking, dice up the Velveeta into cubes to make it easier to mix into the pan.


Toss in the Velveeta and stir until melted...


Keep going...


Perfect!


Drain the pasta.


Throw it in the pan.


Stir it up!


If it gets too thick, add in some beef broth.


Yum! Serve with some salad and garlic bread and you have one tasty meal.

Muscatralli
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb. ground beef
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 lb small shell macaroni
  • 1 (13.25 oz.) can sliced mushrooms
  • 1(10.75 oz.)  can tomato puree
  • 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 1 can beef broth (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a large, heavy saucepan, saute the ground beef with garlic and onion, until meat is crumbly. 
  2. In a separate pot, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain. 
  3. When beef mixture is done, add mushrooms, tomato puree, and Velveeta cheese. Stir frequently while cheese is melting; also cook on medium low heat. Once cheese is melted, fold in cooked macaroni. If too dry, add a can of broth and stir.

1 comment:

  1. oh man that looks good. You had me at velveta cheese. I will have to make this.

    ReplyDelete