It was awesome.
You will need: 1 head of cauliflower, 1 lb of brussels sprouts, 2 lemons, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
See? I told you. Simple.
Thinly slice one lemon and discard the ends.
Pour a little olive oil in a nonreactive baking dish. Or, just spray the sucker down with some cooking spray. I already had the oil out so that's what I used.
Lay the lemon slices down in a single layer in the baking dish....
So that the bottom is more or less covered.
Now cut the cauliflower into florets that are about the same size as the brussels sprouts. For detailed instructions on how to cut up a head of cauliflower, see this post.
Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil to a large bowl.
Cut the other lemon in half and squeeze in the juice.
Throw in the salt and pepper and give it a little stir.
Add the brussels sprouts and cauliflower to the bowl and toss it all together until the vegetables are all coated evenly.
Pour the vegetables into the baking dish (on top of the sliced lemons) and bake at 400 for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
The vegetables should be browned and still slightly crunchy when they come out.
Delicious. We served these with grilled pork chops and it was amazing. Try this next time you need a summer side dish.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower with Lemon
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for coating the bottom of the pan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss vegetables in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Grease the bottom of a nonreactive baking dish and line with lemon slices. Pour coated vegetables over the lemons and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.