I only had 2 overripe bananas and my usual banana bread recipe calls for 3. So, I added in some peanut butter.
It. Was. So. Good.
My mom and sister were fighting over it.
You will need: 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 stick of butter (softened), 2 overripe bananas, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I have used both Greek and regular yogurt and both times it still came out great), 2 eggs, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup pecan pieces.
In a medium bowl, add in 1 1/2 cups flour...
1 1/2 cups sugar...
1 tsp baking powder...
and 1 tsp baking soda.
Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, mash up 2 overripe bananas with a fork.
Add in a stick of softened butter and mash that in too.
It's not very pretty but it's tasty!
Now stir in 1/4 cup of plain yogurt...
2 Tbsp of peanut butter...
And 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir it all together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix everything together.
Don't use a whisk for this step. Use a spatula. Learn from my mistakes.
It will be fairly thick but still pour-able.
Mix in 1/2 cup of pecan pieces.
Divide the batter evenly between 5 buttered and floured mini loaves.
You could do regular sized loaves if you want to, you'll just have to adjust the cooking time.
Bake the bread at 350 for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
IMPORTANT: Check each loaf individually with a toothpick to see if it's done. I did not do this and 3/5 loaves were still undercooked. Don't be like me, check each loaf or you will waste precious bread and cause your mother and sister to fight over the good parts.
This was a true story.
However, the good loaves came out beautiful and moist.
Make this for some of your favorite people and they will have an easy grab-and-go breakfast!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Makes: 5 mini loaves or 2 regular loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I have used both Greek and regular yogurt and both times it still came out great)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas and mix with peanut butter, yogurt, butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the pecan pieces.
- Butter and flour 5 mini loaf pans and divide the batter evenly among them. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from each loaf.