This actually turned out to be really delicious. It's almost like a quiche, but the pizza crust absorbs some of the egg and almost makes a savory French toast kind of crust.
You will need: pizza crust (I used the kind in the can but any kind works, but thicker is better than thin), eggs, shredded pepper jack cheese, butter, onion, sweet bell peppers, ham, mushrooms, and parsley.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
If you're wondering what that weird blob next to the butter is, it's bacon grease. But if you aren't the type of person who saves that stuff, you can certainly leave it out.
Now add one chopped onion, 1 cup chopped bell pepper, and 1 package sliced mushrooms. Stir until onion is translucent.
While the vegetables are cooking, add the pizza crust to a 9x13 inch pan.
Now poke the crust all over with a fork and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
Now brush the poked crust with the melted butter. Don't be shy. Butter is good for you. I promise. Well, good for your happiness anyway.
Now chop 1 lb of ham.
Crack 10 eggs into a large bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon parsley and some salt and pepper. Also add in a tablespoons of half and half, which I forgot to take a photo of.
Whisk to combine.
Now throw in the ham and all of the cooked veggies. Stir it up.
Next throw in 2 cups of shredded pepper jack.
Now pour all of this into your crust.
And top with another 1/2 cup of pepper jack. Bake for 35 minutes at 350.
Now that's a fine looking omelette pizza.
It was really tasty too.
Enjoy this guys! I think the next thing I'll try on that list is mac and cheese burgers...
Serves: 5 college kids
- 10 eggs
- 1 lb ham, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp 1/2 and 1/2
- 1 cup chopped sweet bell peppers
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp bacon grease (optional) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion. Stir and cook until onions are translucent.
- Form pizza crust into a 9x13 inch pan. Poke all over with a fork and brush with 1 Tbsp melted butter.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and add the parsley and 1/2 and 1/2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Add in the ham, 2 cups shredded pepper jack, and cooked veggies.
- Pour into the pizza crust and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.