Thursday, April 5, 2012

Grandma's Biscuits

These biscuits are one of my favorite recipes. They're fast, delicious, and easy. The best part about them though is they require only 2 ingredients.

Two ingredients people!

This recipe comes from my Grandma. She was a home ec teacher, a mother of five, and an incredible cook.


You will need: 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 cups of self-rising flour.

THAT'S IT!

In my Grandma's recipe, she specifies that it has to be White Lily flour. I trust my Grandma and so I haven't tried any other brand, but I don't see how it could hurt if you used a different brand.


Add your 2 cups of flour to a mixing bowl.


Now pour in the heavy cream!

I've gotten to the point where I don't even measure the ingredients anymore. I just stir and add cream until it looks right. If you're less adventurous, I don't recommend this as it can have interesting results.


Now stir everything together until it forms a ball.

Next you could roll out the dough and cut it into circles. I prefer a different approach:


Grab a spoonful of dough and scrape it off onto a baking pan with another one.


Scrape!


I'm not going to lie to you, sometimes I just eat that spoonful of dough.


Keep going until you have all the dough on the pan. You'll want to place the biscuits close together (even if you're doing the roll and cut method).

Now stick the biscuits in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown.


Like this! They look like clouds.


Look how fluffy inside they are! Enjoy guys!

My next post will be about what to put on these biscuits. I'll give you a hint:

It's sausage and gravy.

Grandma's Biscuits
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
  • 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Instructions:
  1. Mix both ingredients together until they form a soft dough.
  2. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into desired biscuit size OR drop onto a baking sheet in tablespoon drops.
  3. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment